Disable Simplified Account Creation
Outlook 2016 or 2019 (Office 365)
Recent builds of Outlook have a simplified account creation wizard which stops certain types of email accounts from verifying and completing the Account Setup Wizard.
You add all correct details to the Email Account Setup Wizard and after entering the password, when you click finish, it pops up with ‘Something Went Wrong’
This is very annoying as you know you have enter ALL the right details and correct password.
Another Symptom to look out for is the fact that in the Folder Pane on left hand side, an Outlook Data File has been created with the same name as the email you have just TRIED to setup!!
How to Fix this Issue:
The 1st thing to do (If you have already tried to setup the email?), is to close the Outlook Data File that has been created in error.
Simply locate it in the Folder Pane and ‘Right Click, Close’
This fix requires using RegEdit, therefore GCDtec take no responsibility for the results as you can cause more damage if you dont know what you are doing.
If you are unsure DONT DO IT!
Step by Step Fix:
- Close Outlook if it is already open.
- Next, Open registry editor (Windows Key +R, Type in regedit and click OK.
- In registry editor navigate to and select:
- From the Edit menu, click new, then DWORD (32-bit) Value:
- Name the new DWORD:
- Double click on the new DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation entry.
- In the Value Data box type 1, then click OK:
- Close registry editor and restart Outlook.
Alternatively download DisableSimplifiedAccountCreation.reg here and the correct registry entry will be imported.
You will need to unzip this file and then double cilck it to import / create the relevant registry keys.